2007. május 6., vasárnap

Odd radius halos in Czech Republic







































On April 5th 2007 there was typical nice, but, dry“ cirrostratus in the sky without presence of halos. I was continuously checking the sky and after 10:00 I noticed very faint halo that had unusually wide upper part. That was very suspicious to me so I started to take photos which were after processed by Registax. You can see the result in the output picture. There are two separated halos which I later identified through the comparison with night sky, as 20° and 23° halos. Maybe there is also 35° halo, but it cant be certainly identified from the picture. The phenomenon could originate at 0,3-0,0-0,0 or 1,0-0,0-0,0 crystals.

I saw very similar displays with nice, "dry" cirrostratus and then with faint odd radius halos on June 22nd 2006 and August 26th 2006 so that is quite interesting.

Martin Popek

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése